Wednesday 19 March 2014

Knitty stuff.

The new knitty is out, and while most of the patterns are not what I would utterly want to knit, there's a lure to a blog called Knitting Nuances that sounds really interesting. (In a similar yet different way to TechKnitting, in case you don't know that one yet.) Unluckily for me, I have a purple tunic calling, very loudly, to me from the living room table... which is where I shall speed directly to get some work done.

One day, though, when I have some time again and all the urgent stuff has been dealt with, I will really need to knit a "show-all-the-different-stitches" swatch. You know... increases, decreases, twists, slips, that stuff. I have a pattern swatch with different stitch, hem and seam types for sewing work, and that has been a very helpful explanation and teaching tool, as well as a nice reference. Soon. Soon. (Well. Soon-ish.)

2 comments:

Harma said...

How mean of you to tempt me with an informative knitting blog when there are deadlines caused by you and the other devils from the Forum. I should've listened when Sabine warned us of your evilness first Forum. I could have know after the spindle from hell.

Diane Donald said...

I'd love to see what your sewing sampler/swatch with different hems, stitches, etc. looks like. It sounds like it would make a nice small handwork project for the purse. I am relatively new to hand sewing period clothing, and I've loved learning the bits I've tried so far...