Wednesday 14 May 2014

A textile mill, abandoned.

This has been going through facebook, where I stumbed across it - a textile mill that closed in 1980 was abandoned with all its machinery still standing, and has recently been photographed. Go see the pictures - it's stunningly beautiful and sad at the same time.

Also: How Football sounds to people who don't care about it. (Hint: The article replaces football with archaeology.)

And that's it for today, since I am taking a day off, in preparation of work this coming weekend (I will be in Bietigheim-Bissingen on Sunday, demonstrating spinning) and the NESAT conference soon after. I want my batteries full for that!

2 comments:

Harma said...

Say hello to Beatrix at Nesat for me. I'm still making fingerloop cords. Next Forum, please show me how to make the two person version. I'm now probably experienced enough now to grasp the basic concept.

a stitch in time said...

Shall do all this, Harma! :)