Wednesday 18 March 2015

Feedback, please?

Springtime is a good time to take stock and plan stuff and get new things started - not just seeds. It's also a good time to make decisions about the future. And in this context, I'd love to have some feedback from you!

I've made more spindle whorls to replenish the much-diminished stock, and if you have bought whorls from me, I would very much appreciate to hear what you think about them, and if they are as good or better or worse than you expected. Or if they give you any trouble. I'm especially interested in some feedback about the disc-shaped whorls.

So if you have bought one of my whorls in the past, or used them, or if you are planning to and have comments, please let me know your thoughts either in the comments here or per mail to katrin.kania@pallia.net - and thank you so much for your help with this!

2 comments:

Harma said...

You might laugh at this, but I like making you laugh, so: I'm afraid to break the disc spindle, so I don't use it. It's on show in my spindle rack.

I would like it if you would make a few copies of "the Spindle from Hell", since I would love to play around with it, now that I know a lot more about spinning. Besides, I often talk about what we did at the Forums and it would be great to have that spindle since it was made to be weird/lousy on purpose. I would buy one right away!!

Miriam said...

I've bought one of your spindle whorls (along with three sticks). I've not used it extensively, however it was far more robust than I anticipated. It tends to stay on the stick very well but has slid off a few times. It slid off onto stone paving at least once and although a chip has come off the top side, it's still perfectly fine in terms of weighting, balance, structural integrity, etc.